Monday, April 12, 2010

My Book


My bucket list began as a nice binder filled with black pages. Each page I decided to scrapbook. I put my "Wish/Goal" as a title, left a place to put a picture, and put a small square or circle that I could check off once it had happened to me...or I had made the effort to complete it. There were many random things on my list:

- Wish on a falling star....I have never been patient enough to stare at the sky long enough to see a shooting star.

- Give blood....when I was a teenager I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia and sometimes felt faint, so the thought of this had always scared me. Now I am just plain scared. But I want to buoy up my courage and actually donate so I can help someone else.

- Own a home

- Live some place warm

- Own a jukebox

- Have $________ in my savings account

- Weigh 145 lbs.

- Run a 5K

....and the list went on.

The first thing on my list was to get my passport. I had no plans to travel anywhere, but when I was ready, I didn't want anything to stop me. So I actively went to work on that goal. It was the first one I worked on and the first one I completed.

But then a strange thing happened. That was October 2009. I closed my Bucket List book and I didn't open it up again until last week...April 2010. What I found was amazing.........

No comments: