Wednesday, May 5, 2010

May 5 The Deal of the Century!



I found the deal of the century a couple of weeks ago. I bought a foreclosure and am trying to redo it as inexpensively as possible. One thing I had been looking for online...nonstop...was some used kitchen cabinets. After several weeks of searching our local online "garage sale" I found them. I was not first on the list to call, but the seller moved me to the front of the line because he liked me :) I purchased 17 kitchen cabinets, the corian countertop, a double wall oven, an overhead microwave, a dishwasher, and even the kitchen sink for $1000 !!!!! What an incredible deal. The oven alone retails for $1800 online. If you think I am bragging...I am!

But the real deal came later. I was enjoying NOT being on a continuous search for the kitchen cabinets. And it came to me, isn't that how life is? Once we get something good, we need to stop looking. Take a marriage for example....you can marry someone really good...in fact, at wedding time you believe they are the best. But there is always someone better looking, more athletic, more talented, more relaxed, etc. If you choose to look, you will probably find them. But do you always want to be looking for something better around the next corner? Why not just be satisfied with what you have? Why decide to look else where when looking into your partners eyes will remind you that you already have the best. Be content, be satisfied...stop looking around. Just bathe yourself in the joy of having "good enough" in your life, in your home and in your arms each night. I wish my "wusband" would not have kept looking. Whether it is kitchen cabinets or the love of your life, once you have it, just enjoy it...Because that is the real deal!

No comments: