Saturday, May 29, 2010

Ok, Ok, Ok...I will give in to the peer pressure!

It all began when I wrote my missionary son a letter this past week. He had written saying he really wanted to see pictures of the house I bought. I had been intentionally not sending him photos because it is a foreclosure and needs a lot of work. After him nagging me so much I decided to email him some photos. His reply after looking at them: To be brutally honest Mom, that place is a dump! This is exactly why I hadn't emailed him any of the photos before.

I don't know how to sew, I don't know how to drive a stick, I have never liked to exercise or eat healthy for very long. I don't have the best fingernails, smoothest heels, or most silky hair. There is a lot that I don't have. But I feel I do know how to take something really ugly...like this house...and make it into something really beautiful. This is something I enjoy and something I feel I do well at. It feeds my soul to make my world a more beautiful place.

With that being said, I will give you a sneak peek into the goings on at my new house. But you have to promise me not to snicker, not to gossip and not to call the men to come and put me in a strait jacket. I have not lost my mind...I just see potential :)

Here are a couple of the befores...followed by a couple of the durings.

First is the outside of the house. Not too attractive. There is beauty in everything however, and those weeds had many ladybugs living in them.




I just had the land cleared...front and back. The next step will be the sprinklers.



The Kitchen:

It was completely gutted. Everything in there was so old and dirty looking.



My deal of kitchen cabinets, new appliances, tile floor, a pretty green paint, and the coolest light fixtures ever will make this place beautiful!



I will send more rooms next week so you can believe I am really off my rocker! I hope these photos don't give anyone nightmares...for me I just get butterflies thinking of how in love I am going to be with it when it is all done. And many thanks and much appreciation to Jaime. I would never have bought this house if I didn't have such a skilled and visionary man to make my dreams for this house come true!

2 comments:

Nikkie said...

I'm glad you gave into peer pressure! It definitely looks like it needs some love, but you're good at taking stock of what needs to stay and what needs to go. It will be beautiful when you are done with it.

ginger said...

It is a GREAT house and we are going to make many wonderful memories there! Thanks for inviting us =)