Tuesday, April 17, 2012

By Small and Simple Things...



By small and simple things great things are brought to pass. I learned this from Alma when I was young. Sometimes we humans bite off a lot more than we can chew...literally and figuratively. I have come to realize that if I can do one small thing a day, it can lift my spirit and propel me to move on to the next small thing. Before I know it, I have accomplished many things. Things which can be seen and things which can be felt. Sometimes my to-do list has twenty things on it. Sometimes I add things I have already done just so I can cross it off! Cheating...maybe, but at least it makes me feel good.

The small thing can be anything. It can be organizing the silverware drawer, planting a flower pot, calling a friend, and the list goes on. But just knowing I acted on whatever it is, makes me feel good inside. Makes me feel productive and sometimes even accomplished.

So my goal for tomorrow is to write a thank you note. I had a wonderful weekend with some really wonderful people. I told them thank you, I hugged them goodbye, but I want to do something a little more. I want to write down how special they are to me, how much I appreciate their friendship and their love, and then I want to seal it with a kiss and a stamp and send the little love note on its way. I hope they feel as good receiving it as I do writing it.

The small thing is the thank you note, the great thing is the bond that deepens between friends.

No comments: