Friday, September 17, 2010

Let's Start From the Very Beginning....

Let's start from the very beginning...it's a very good place to start. So now my house is a home. There is still a few things left to do...but there will always be things left to do, because creative people are never finished! But I wanted to give you a tour around my new home.

So I decided to start in the front yard. When I bought this house in early spring, the lawn was non-existent. Dirt everywhere. The house looked blah and bland...yellow brick, yellow roof, and yellow :) dirt. All one color. I tried to spruce up the front porch, but I still need shutters to complete the look.




I also got a lawn put in. I told the landscaper I was happy he chose green grass because it went so well with the patio furniture! The beds have drip systems in them. It will probably be next season before I plant flowers since it is September. I am excited to see color around here.

The mailbox is a community mailbox down the street. I am so happy when I turn around to walk back to my little cul-de-sac to see a home with green grass and life. It makes me feel alive, too.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Does this house have a garage or do you pull up to the three long windows? Is the garage on the side?

Sheri said...

No garage...the garage was converted to a very large family room. You will see pictures of it in a few days. There is definitely room for a garage on the side and one day I hope to put one in. But for now, no garage. There is no snow here...but the sun is harsh (proud owner of foil windshield shadeguard) and I need the storage room for all my junk! So when I come into some more money :) I plan to build one.