Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Living Room

My children always get confused as to which is the living room, the family room, the den, etc. Well, I have no explanation because the living room is certainly not the most lived in room in the house. This living room was cold and dirty when I bought this house. The floor was tiled and the room was sooooo long. There were archways, which I loved but my guy (ie: handyman) hated. So after a little reconfiguring, I now have a warm and welcome living room.



The floor was tile. Not my style for a living room. It was warmed up with some dark laminate. And a beautiful rug (lucky me I work for a floor covering store). The extra long room was made cozier by shortening it. A wall was built five feet in, giving me a closet with a door from the "family room". This made the room a little more cozy.

Furniture was brought in from different areas of the house and wah-lah a beautiful living room. Excuse the ivory Pottery Barn couch at the one end. A black slipcover is still being made for that couch. By the way, if anyone needs a slipcover made...I have the most amazing girl who does the most amazing job. She lives in Utah County. Just let me know :)



So please come in and sit awhile. This is a very relaxing and peaceful room. I will be glad when the weather cools down and we can open the blinds and see the view. But for now, this will do.

No comments: