Saturday, September 18, 2010

Welcome !

A front door says so many things. My original front door said, "UGLY"..."CONDEMNED"..."FORECLOSURE"...and "UNLOVED". I talked with a couple of different men about restaining the door because it is a really beautiful door. They said it would take days, hours and lots of money. Of course I had none of the above :) So I decided that with a twelve dollar can of minwax, a few pieces of sandpaper, and a few hours, maybe I could show it some love. Now when you walk to the front door you see "WELCOME".



Upon entering my home you are greeted by a cute hall tree. I don't remember where I bought this from, but it had set in storage for a long enough that I had forgotten what it looked like. I was at a consignment shop in the spring and came upon one exactly like it. It was priced at $400. I thought, "Maybe it is time I fall in love with my hall tree again."



A chandelier for the entry way was most sought after. I finally found this mustard colored one in a liquidation shop for only $40.00. The electrician who installed it said, "What garage sale did you get this from?" It took a little manipulating to shorten it (thanks Dad)...and I think I am the only one short enough to walk under it without bonking my head, but I love it. Something about crystals makes me happy (and reminds me of the temple).

So enter my home. As the week goes on, I will take you through each of the rooms...and you can see why I am happy here.

5 comments:

Sandy and Spence said...

I love it! I love it! The door is amazing. I think my front door is pretty amazing, but yours is a competitor! I can't believe what some minwax and a little elbow grease can do! You are certainly putting a big welcome on that front door! Can't wait to come down and see it all in person.

Jane said...

I remember when you bought that hall tree. I loved it then and love it now!

AubsandKenny said...

you should be a house renovator. It does look very welcoming :D

Tiffany said...

I can't wait to see everything. I am jealous of your door. It is beautiful!

Nikkie said...

What a tease! The outside looks great so far, do you enjoy sitting on the front porch in your beautiful weather?