Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Christmas Buffets



Starting today, the Christmas parties begin. Tonight is our Relief Society Progressive Dinner, tomorrow night is a dinner at my Aunt and Uncle's home, and Friday is our Ward Christmas Party. What does that mean for my "design" aka new way of eating? What that means is that now I am in control of food, it is not in control of me.

I will not stand mindlessly eating all the yummies sitting around, I will not have seconds...I may not even have firsts of some foods. I will pay attention and make sure not so sabotage myself. I will recognize that there is more to the holidays than food.

I will enjoy the beautiful decorations, the entertainment, the friendships. Before I went to these parties to fill my body with delicious food...but now I will feel my soul with so much more...love for my friends...and for myself.

No comments: