Friday, December 16, 2011

Mega Failure



So last night dinner at my aunts was a mega-failure. My aunt is so full of love and she is an amazing cook...and everything looked so beautiful. I just couldn't say no...to anything. There was ham, green beans, baked beans, funeral potatoes ( my ultimate downfall), sweet potatoes with marshmallows on top, rolls...and at each place setting was a beautiful frosted goblet filled with jello with a creamy topping. The meal was beautiful and so tasty. I decided to take small helpings of each...but then I had seconds of ham and funeral potatoes. I couldn't help myself. The company was enjoyable and it just felt good.

After dinner my aunt brought out the cheesecake with fruit topping. The other three ladies at the table refused dessert saying they would take some to go. Me, being the only other lady besides my aunt, didn't not want to disappoint her so I had a small slice of the cheesecake. She also sent us home with leftovers.

When we got in the car, I looked at Brooklyn and said, "Well that didn't go so well." She smiled. I rationalized by saying, "There are times we are going to have to eat things we wouldn't eat in the walls of our home. It is the holidays and there is much more opportunity for slipping off our designed way of eating."

I am not going to beat myself up over this. It is a lesson. One thing I need to learn is how to stick to my guns without worrying about hurting anyone else. If I had lost 50 lbs. they would know I was eating different; but being that this my first week of eating this way, I didn't feel like I could use that "excuse".

Anyway, mega failure...time to get back in the saddle.



And with that being said, I did glisten five days this week. Score!

No comments: