Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Proud Moment



Last night was the first of the Christmas party dinners. It was a Progressive Dinner where we went to one house for appetizer, one for entree and then back to my house for dessert.

I was so proud of myself. At the first house I had celery, broccoli and some cheese. Yep, I skipped the crackers and cheese balls, chips and salsa, and the mini quiches that looked so yummy.

We were then off to the entree. It was a selection of crock pot soups. I love me some cream soups - broccoli cheese, potato, clam chowder...but I didn't have any of those. I saw a bean soup in broth. That was my choice. I had a bowl, felt satisfied...and I didn't die from not having what I really wanted.



Then we were off to my home. Because it was my home, it was easy to stay away from the dessert table. I was mingling with guests and enjoy the company and conversation. When everyone left, I turned and saw there were many desserts left for me to enjoy. Oh great! Being a sugar addict, desserts were always my downfall. But it all turned out okay. I had limited my sugar during the day in anticipation of my failure to resist. However, I did good. I had one tiny cream puff and one peanut butter cookie with a chocolate kiss in the center. All the other desserts I bagged up and put in the freezer to take to my mom's house for New Years Eve as she will have plenty of people to enjoy them.

I considered the evening to be a tremendous success. I did not feel deprived...and it felt amazingly good to be proud of myself.

Now let's see how tonight's dinner at my aunt and uncle's home goes. I don't want to offend my aunt, so I am eating low on carbs and sugars today in hopes that if I do need to have a little of this or a little of that, I will not sabotage myself. Bring on the food, I am ready to be successful again.

1 comment:

ginger said...

You choose the worst times to diet. Just sayin'.