Monday, December 12, 2011

The Journey



...and I am on my way! Exercised this morning and had my breakfast of Cheerios and Almond Breeze. I am looking forward to the day ahead. Yesterday was the first day of my journey and I felt it was very successful. I stuck to my eating plan and felt satisfied. However, I was dizzy and had a dull headache. This morning I was feeling a bit light-headed too. I know it is because I am going through sugar withdrawals. I still eat 15 grams of sugar a day, but the past few weeks I have always had candy kisses or peanut m&ms nearby. When I think about addiction, I recognize that sugar and carbs are my main addiction. This eating plan allows 6 servings of carbs a day and 15 grams of sugar. That seems adequate. I know before I was overloading my body with these two things. Hopefully I can get balanced out and feel more energy. More than anything though, I want to feel mentally strong; I want to feel as if I have control over food and food does not have control over me. I am excited for this journey I am embarking on...and I am so thankful for the support and help of my daughter. She is a wonderful example of perseverence. Love you Brooklyn.

No comments: