Monday, December 19, 2011

"Ice Yourself"

I love jewelry. I have very little valuable jewelry, but I have a whole lot of costume jewelry. My favorite place to shop for jewelry is at Dressin' Gaudy in Tyler, Texas. But seeing as how I live in Utah, I rarely make it out there.

I have so much jewelry that I had to find creative ways to organize it. I have a big jewelry armoire, but when you get matching sets it is hard to keep it organized in the big drawers. So Zip lock baggies to the rescue. The thing about baggies is not only do they keep the sets together, but they also prevent air from getting to the pieces, so the costume jewelry holds its color a lot longer. I don't know if it is scientifically correct to store jewelry in plastic, but so far it has worked for me!



I also like to decorate around the house with jewelry. I have a little crystal dish that belonged to my grandmother, and I will often take my jewelry off and drop it there before going to bed at night.



I also have a two-tiered dessert platter I got on sale from Kmart a few years ago that I keep my more commonly worn jewelry on. I think it is beautiful and fun at the same time.



I am not above pinning broaches around the house to enjoy when I am not wearing them...which is pretty much never. I pin them on candles, lamps and pillows. Anywhere that could use a little dazzle.



Jewelry is beautiful so leave some of it out to add sparkle to your day.

No comments: